If your Igloo ice machine does not work, the unit may not turn on properly, may not receive electrical power, may not receive water, or the water may not reach the ice tray. A clogged water supply line can also prevent the machine from producing ice. Alternatively, the ambient temperature in the machine’s water tank may be too high (90 degrees or higher), or there may be a leak of the coolant somewhere in the system.
How to repair Igloo Ice Maker?
Try to solve the problem by first checking the unit’s power connection and double checking if it is paused or if the ice bucket is already full so that it can no longer produce ice. If all else fails, it may be that your Igloo ice maker’s ejector or heating mechanism is defective, or that you have not cleaned it for a while and need to separate and clean each of its components using hot water and vinegar to restore its optimal performance.
How to reset Igloo Ice Maker?
Turn your Igloo ice machine, then press and hold the POWER knob for the next 10 seconds. Drain all the water and let it sit for the next 30 minutes.
If this does not work, unplug your Igloo ice machine, press the center of the ice bucket and push the bucket and pusher backwards. Reconnect the ice maker and turn it on.
Alternatively, you can press the SELECT button for 10 seconds, then turn off your Igloo ice machine and let it sit for the next few hours. Return it again and the device should be ready to make ice again.
How to clean Igloo Ice Maker?
- Unplug your Igloo ice machine,
- Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the ice machine,
- Take out the ice basket,
- Use a soft cloth and a little warm soapy water to clean the ice basket and ice bowl,
- Wipe the inside with a non-abrasive towel,
- Plug the device back into the wall outlet.
How to use Igloo Portable Ice Maker correctly?
- Open the ice basket by opening the clear lid,
- Fill the water tank, but stay below the MAX level,
- Select the desired ice cube size by pressing the SELECT button,
- Start the ice making cycle by pressing the POWER button on the control panel,
- Check the water level 2-3 times during the ice making process,
- If the ADD WATER lamp flashes, turn off your Igloo ice machine by pressing the button,
- Pour more water into the container, then press the POWER button again,
- When the ice basket is full, the machine automatically stops working,
- If you do not want to use the ice machine soon, drain all water from the container.
There may be several reasons why your Igloo ice machine is not working yet – there is still a chance that you can solve the problem on your own and save a few bucks. Are you interested in more tips, tricks and guides for making ice cream? Stick around!
The post Igloo Ice Maker does not work? first appeared on Ice Making 101.