An intrusion detection system (IDS) can be one of the most important elements of your organization’s overall commercial security strategy. It is almost impossible to perform a manual inspection of all your organizational data for potential vulnerabilities and intrusion threats. This is where the need for a burglary detection system comes into play.
With 24-hour surveillance and real-time feedback, burglary detection systems ensure that your access control systems are not compromised.
Types of intrusion detection systems
Penetration detection systems fall into one of these five types:
- Physical monitoring. Commercial video surveillance systems Monitor the areas around your commercial property and ensure their safety. These systems can be paired with video surveillance solutions to track user activity.
- Host monitoring. Host monitoring systems can be used to monitor devices and machines used by organizations. These systems locate suspicious behavior due to internal factors and from devices and machines attacked by malware.
- Network monitoring. Network intrusion detection systems can be used to track incoming and outgoing traffic on a network or server.
- Signature-based detection. Signature-based intrusion detection systems can be used to identify patterns and signatures of attack behavior as previously noted.
- Anomaly registration. Anomaly detection systems can be used to track attacks from multiple sources at once. Unusual behavior is often the key to such attacks.
How intrusion detection systems work
It is important to note that burglary detection systems help identify unusual traffic and alert IT teams via alarms so that they can take the necessary steps in the event of a system attack. They do not help prevent potential attacks. They measure daily operations relative to the baseline and send alerts to security operations centers, making it convenient for security experts to detect suspicious activity.
Typical features of intrusion detection systems include:
- They monitor features of firewalls, files, key management files, and routers.
- They provide 24 × 7 support to IT teams.
- They help arrange various audit trails and logs.
- They trigger an alarm when a security threat is observed.
- They block the servers immediately when suspicious activity is detected.
How burglary detection systems can help
As hackers continue to develop tools to attack systems, intrusion detection systems have become a must-have for organizations. They provide a wide range of benefits to organizations. These include:
- Monitoring of all incoming and outgoing network activities
- Registration of intrusion signals
- Sending alerts in case of suspicious activity
- Recognition of various security incidents
- Examination of frequency and types of security attacks
- Identification of errors and issues related to the configuration of network devices
- Checking data in the operating system and network
- Provides centralized commercial security management
- Ensuring that multiple access points are secured everywhere
- Development of customized analysis and reporting on health in systems and networks in organizations
- Delivery of 360-degree safety endpoint control
How to find the right burglary detection system
As you have already seen in the first section of this post, you can find five types of intrusion detection systems on the market. However, you should choose the best solution in relation to your organization’s security needs. Make sure you thoroughly assess and evaluate the following factors when looking for a suitable intrusion detection system for your organization:
- Security alarm monitoring options: Check if the burglary detection system comes with a wealth of alarm monitoring options, e.g. Door alarms (inputs and outputs), window alarms and alarms at all other possible entry points. Also check if the system includes beams, motion sensors, glass break sensors and more.
- Security access codes: Make sure the intrusion detection system contains unique security codes that make it convenient for your employees and you to manage it.
- Security system access and display options: Ensure that the intrusion detection system is provided with multiple access and display options, e.g. The ability to access the system using a PC or smartphone application.
At ProTech Security, we work with Digital Surveillance Products (DMP) to create user-friendly, affordable and scalable solutions for burglary detection systems and deterrence to provide encrypted, versatile, high-level physical security with secure communication to keep staff informed in emergencies and help ensure a rapid, informed response.
We work with trusted and trusted authorized resellers, integration partners and government security directors to develop reliable, effective solutions based on field knowledge, shared information and the need for redundant processes.
On ProTech Security, we have a strong history with experience, innovation and customer service. ProTech Security Advantage is more than 35 years of service in Northeast Ohio and a strong commitment to providing quality, cost-effective protection for homes, businesses, educational institutions and government facilities. To see what ProTech Security can do for you, contact us today.