Whether you are studying at a school or just looking for the perfect tool for all your activities, use Exacto Knife.
Let us study more about this wonderful tool that everyone should consider performing DIY tasks.
What is it?
The word “Exacto” or “X Acto” is derived from the word “Exact”.
It simply refers to the particular type of craft knife that performs all cutting tasks with maximum precision.
It is for this reason that they are also known as precision knives and you may have also seen them written as “X-acto” knives.
These knives are also known as hobby knives as well as precision knives.
What does X-Acto really mean?
Basically, the term X-acto is not specifically used about Exacto knives; instead, it covers all the sharp cutting tools used for precise cutting of objects.
So do not confuse yourself with the terms Exacto and X-acto.
Ancient Exacto knives were used primarily for medical purposes.
In 1930, the medical industry created the first Exacto knife, and it acts as the surgeon’s scalpel.
However, surgeons and doctors abandoned the use very quickly and explained that it was the biggest drawback that it can never be cleaned.
Having knowledge of this fact, the inventor of this tool showed it as a commercial knife and began to promote its use as a hand tool tool.
The interesting thing to note?
Today, almost all Exacto knives come in the same sizes and structures, regardless of the brand and company that produced them.
Although all the knives on the Exacto knives are largely the same, the size can vary depending on the structure of the handle.
But here we need to discuss different types depending on their specific uses.
Let’s get started.
- The first type of Exacto blade is the number 2 blade.
- It is the most common type of Exacto knives.
- While you generally talk about Exacto knives, you will end up with this type.
- It is a very sharp blade with a pointed tip and makes it extremely easy to handle the knives.
- Another type of Exacto knife is the general blade, which is similar to the Swiss knife blade and can only be used to perform simple tasks.
- Its edges are round so you can not use it for heavy cutting, instead you can only use it for the basic kitchen or general purpose like cutting, slicing and slicing etc.
- Number 16 Exacto knife is the type of Exacto knife that makes this knife a real hobby knife.
- The interesting thing about this magazine is the unique design as well as the ability to change direction.
- The soft material changes direction quickly without damaging the base material and can be used for purposes such as delicate cutting of light materials, etc.
- You can also use it for curve cutting.
Other kinds are also available.
What is it used for?
The Exacto knife is commonly used for stencil printing, where it is used to cut a shape out of the appropriate material and force ink.
By using it, the edges and shapes become very sharp and precise.
To perform the stenciling tasks using the Exacto knives, you need to be very careful and it is better if you do it under the supervision of the teachers or the experts.
You can continue sharpening and highlighting high quality using it.
For this purpose, you will create the area with the colors using the crayons and then use the sharp tip of the Exacto knife to create the highlights.
It seems quite interesting to note that these knives are used perfectly for the creation of the beauty space.
One of their uses in beauty niche is seen in the design and reshaping of nail extensions.
Have you ever used a precision knife for cake art? You can make perfectly accurate and very precise cake designs.
Wait at least 10 minutes before cutting the freshly made fondant for very precise results.
The use of precision knives for cuts on the leather is not new.
For this purpose, you peel to produce a design using the hobby knife.
Leather Incision Art has gained immense popularity among art lovers over the last few years.
Now you have read about the Exacto knife. Remember to never use it vertically, but instead keep it at a 45 degree angle.
Also, be sure to proceed with the cutting and reshaping process very carefully and slowly.
Hope this article has increased your knowledge about Exacto knives.
If you still have questions, you can ask them in the comments section below.